Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Lamness

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Lamness

A horse at my barn keeps getting lame I'm pretty sure I know what it is but what is it exactly??
Type of Animal
:  
horse
Age of Animal
:  
21
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Quarter Horse
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
February 15, 2010
Avatar dr m tn
Without any specifics it is impossible for us to help you.  

Dr. Judd is absolutely correct, any type of lameness should be examined and treated by a veterinarian.  
Can you provide more specifics?  Which leg is it?  When does it happen?  What kind of surfaces does the horse have access to (pasture, barn, etc)?

thanks!
well its not my horse but i do know he has to wraps on his back leg and he cant go out much in his pasture because that is how he keeps getting lame. When he gets into the big ring he gets excited and runs so he cant go out. we do walk him on a leadline sometimes.
Lameness can be a complicated problem and there are many reasons this could be occurring.  It may be a problem that can be cured or maybe not.  The horse needs a complete lameness exam by a veterinarian.
A related discussion, He's Mean to Other People! was started.