Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Licking herself
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Licking herself

My puppy named Pepsi is a Bull Mastiff and is 5 months old. She constantly licks herself down there to the point that she is red and raw around the area. Could she be in heat already or is there something else going on? She will stop when I tell her to stop, because it is annoying when she does it while lying close to us, but will start up again 15 minutes later. LOL I threatened her with diapers if keeps on doing it. Anyone know why she does this?
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
5 months, 2 weeks
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Bull Mastiff
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
July 18, 2011
City
:  
Eagle River
State/Province
:  
Ontario
Country
:  
Canada