Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Lump behind front right leg

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Lump behind front right leg
My hamster has a lump about the size of a pea. No puss. When I touched it there was no reaction of pain...she seems like normal. She does drink a lot...but she has done that since Day 1. Please help. By the way...she has never gone to a vet.
Did you take your hamster to the vet yesterday?  

Lumps in the skin of hamsters are most commonly sebaceous cysts, skin neoplasms (benign or malignant), or inflammatory reactions to healing wounds.  If you took your hamster to the vet yesterday he/she could have performed a biopsy or a fine needle aspirate which could have been sent to a pathologist for a definitive diagnosis.