Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Lump on my dogs lip

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Lump on my dogs lip

I have a female puggle, she is almost 3 years old. I have had her since she was 8 weeks and she has always been very healthy. All of her shots have always been kept up to date as well.

Recently i noticed a bump on the outside of her bottom lip. It probably about the size of a small pencil eraser on the tip of the pencil but does not protrude very far. It is a little red but mainly the color of her skin (black) There is no white tip that would lead me to believe it is a pimple. There is no puss coming from it or anything and it does not seem to cause her any pain. What could this be?
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
3 years old
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Puggle
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
May 20, 2010
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The bump on your dogs lower lip could be several things but my recommendation would be to see your vet and have it removed and biopsied to get a diagnosis.

It could be a benign mass or it could also be a tumor like a cutaneous call carcinoma.

The sooner you know exactly what it is, the quicker you can take an appropriate course of action.

Dr Carol Osborne, DVM