Animal Health - General Expert Forum
My Bearded Dragons Foot
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My Bearded Dragons Foot

I Have A Bearded Dragon And She Was Given To Us Because She Lived With A Male Bearded Dragon Who Kept Fighting With Her Which Has Caused Her To Loose All Her Toes On her Front Foot It Looks Really Painful But We Cant Get Her To A Vet Because We Have Not Got One Local And We Cant Keep Her Out Off The Warm For To Long What Shall We Do ?
Type of Animal
:  
Bearded Dragon
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Bearded Dragon
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
February 16, 2011
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259
She may need antibiotics and pain medication.  Unfortunately, these are prescription items and the dose must be carefully calibrated by a vet because the bearded dragons are small and easily overdosed if too much medication is given.  

It is not difficult to keep her warm enough in a car if the car is heated before putting her in it.  Hot water bottles can also be used.  Taking her to a vet who is familiar with exotics would be best.  Alternatively, please call a local zoo that keeps exotics, or a pet store that has employees who are knowledgeable.  Zoo's and pet shops may be able to help.

Please also post this question to the exotic forum.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979