Animal Health - General Expert Forum
My Dog Angus Died Today
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My Dog Angus Died Today

At about 1:25am this morning, my was attempting to get the cats bowl off of the table in our kitchen and he collapsed, scared, yelping and howling in pain, I had fallen asleep on the couch and tried to help him up, thinking he may have had a seizure, he's 12, but he began to breathe poorly and his body locked up and he stopped breathing all together, I massaged and pushed on his chest while my wife called to him to get up, he convulsed a bit, twice, before he died right there...I can't describe the pain I feel right now. He had a good life and he was a wonderful dog, so good with our kids and they loved him, I feel like I didn't know how to help him, is there anything I could have done? We called the vet but he was expiring right there in front of us. I'm an old Army vet who knows CPR, combat life saver and I felt helpless...was there anything I could have done? Why did he die? We knew he was getting old and having a difficult time getting around but nothing prepares you for this...it hurts. My wife and kids are devastated too and it was tramatic for them to see him die.  
Tags: Dog Died
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Scoodle
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
April 04, 2009
City
:  
Crofton
State/Province
:  
MD
Country
:  
USA
Blood Test Results