Animal Health - General Expert Forum
My cat has stopped eating dry food but will still eat canned

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

My eight year old cat has suddenly stopped eating dry food.  I know she's hungry, as she will run into the kitchen and stand in front of her bowl and cry.  She will eat canned food.  And there is no change in her water intake and her litter box habits have not changed.  

I'm concerned, should I be?  Or is this something to be expected as she ages?
Please don't be concerned.  Your cat has really chosen the best kind of food for her.  Cats originated as desert animals and their only source of liquid was their prey, so the best diet is canned food.  Just get the best canned food that you can find.  Such as Evo/Inovo.