Animal Health - General Expert Forum
My cat is shaking back legs when walking

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

I have an 11 year old black cat who just yesterday started shaking his back legs when he would walk.  He doesn't want to move much now.  One of his pads looked red and swollen last night and when I looked again this morning it looked back to normal. But he still won't move much and he is still shaking both of his hind legs like he's trying to get something out of his toes, but he's cleaning them both and I dont' see anything there.  Should we be concerned?  
There are many causes for what you are describing.  These include: he could have a sticky or unpleasant substance stuck to his feet.  He could have burned or traumatized his feet or legs, he could have arthritis in his hind legs, feet, knees, hips or spine, or  less commonly, he could have undiagnosed diabetes which has caused a bout of diabetic neuropathy, among other causes.  

If the problem does not resolve very soon, or , it worsens, and if he is not interested in eating please take him to the vet for an exam, diagnostics and possible X-Rays.