My dog just died an hour ago. He is 9 years old was strong, healthy, and happy. He threw up once last night and earlier today he was jumping around acting perfectly normal. At 1 am I heard him throw up again so I went to check on him. He had a mixture of foam and saliva hanging from his mouth. He drank nearly a gallon and a half of water on a period of an hour, throwing up three times in that time period and it was all clear. We comforted him and stayed with him. He was delirious and barely coherent he eventually started breathing hard and he got up walked outside and collapsed. Minutes later he had a seizure and a couple of convulsions and died in my arms. Please if you know anything about this write back. We have other dogs and need to know of they will be ok
So sorry to hear about your dog. We had a real scare with ours last year. She is ok now, Thank God!
All I can think of is maybe she got into some poison. Do you have oleanders in the yard or any other poisonous plants? Could she have gotten into some rat poison? It takes about 24 hours for rat poison to kill them. It looks purple most of the time. You might want to check your yard for it.
We are very sorry for your sudden loss. We also have a member -to-member dogs community where I'm sure our members can help, too. Please feel free to stop by there, too -- http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Dogs/show/4
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.