Animal Health - General Expert Forum
My dog is losing weight
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My dog is losing weight

For about a month my dog looks worse and worse. He is only losing weight on the back half of his body. He looks sucked in and I can see his ribs and his butt bone. He has no loss of appetite. And he is also walking funny with his back legs. Last time I took him to a vet they told me he has flea allergies because he loses his hair on his back in the summer time. Again he is losing his hair, and it's not even hot out yet.
Type of Animal
:  
large dog
Age of Animal
:  
approx. 7 yrs.
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
pit bull mix
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
April 11, 2007