Animal Health - General Expert Forum
My dog jumped out of the car window?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My dog jumped out of the car window?

We can't bring her to a vet until the mroning. There are no emergency clinic in our area. I was driving 90km/hr down the highway and my 15lb dog jumped out the window. She ran about 15km home. She has a giant gash in her face, just above her jowels, and she has a very bloody toe (she lost her toenail) she has many bare spots with small cut. We put hydrogen peroxide  on the cuts and don't know what else to do until morning. Any advice? Thank you so much
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
2 years
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Rat Terrier
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
April 03, 2012
City
:  
Kamloops
State/Province
:  
BC
Country
:  
Canada
2054217_tn?1330542034
Hopefully you have visited a vet by now. It sounds like all of these injuries are superficial and some pain medication, antibiotics, and possibly laceration suturing will be prescribed/performed.
This is much more of a common accident then people realize and you were lucky in this case. Often it results in fractured bones or even death. Invest in a dog harness that can be attached to the car seat belt, your dog deserves to be kept safe.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
234713_tn?1283530259
Aleda M Cheng, D.V.M., C.V.ABlank
American Animal Hospital
Randolph, NJ
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity