Animal Health - General Expert Forum
My dog will not stop licking
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My dog will not stop licking

My dog Falco started licking excessively at 8:30pm.  He has done this before always right before he throws up.  I put him in his cage right away, and he has been licking ever since.  At 9:00 he threw up a very large amount which was mostly his dog food.  After I cleaned that up while my roommate held him, I put him back in his cage.  He is still licking and now wining terribly, biting on his cage, and pulling out and eating hair from his tail.  He probably does this same thing once every two months.  I do not give him any food.  He has a h/o a linear blockage at the beginning of August 2010 when he ate part of a carpet.  He is now vomiting very small amounts of white foamy vomit.  I have been with him all night.  He has not gotten into anything, and he was in his cage this afternoon.  My only guess is that he ate his dinner too fast, then ate some of my hair which upset his stomach.  Please if you have any suggestions.  I would greatly appreciate the help.  He is now constantly barking licking, and I can not let him out of his cage without him eating everything.  
2 1/2 years
Breed
:  
Beagle Blue Healer Mix
Male
Spayed/Neutered
:  
Yes
State
:  
South Carolina
Veterinary Visit (month/year)