Animal Health - General Expert Forum
My kitten choked on something today

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

My kitten choked on something today

My cat had four kittens and they are now a little over 2 months old. Earlier this afternoon one of the females was acting strangely, she was gasping for air, it appeared that she was choking on something. She couldn't walk or breath. After a few minutes we got her to breath enough to start screeching. it's been hours and she is sleeping. she seems OK, but she is still not wanting to eat or drink. Breathing a little heavily, and and not moving very well. her heart is normal and she is meowing normal. when I picker up though, she will just urinate automatically. it seams to be only when I hold her with my hand on her stomach. with she be okay, or is this a normal reaction after choking on something.

Additional Details
I'm so scared for her, I have no transport to the vet and the nearest 24 hr. one is 2 hrs away. the local one isn't open.

she is moving much better than she was 4 hrs ago, but she still seems weak to me. My husband says that if she is breathing and meowing for attention, as well as her mother is checking on her and cleaning her every few minutes that she should be fine, but I still don't know. I got her to take a few sips of water shortly after writing this question.

Type of Animal
:  
Kitten
Age of Animal
:  
2 1/2 months
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
damestic shorthair
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
January 01, 2020
City
:  
canandaigua
State/Province
:  
ny
Country
:  
usa
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Your kitten needs to see the vet.
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM