Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Need to euthanize my cat...
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Need to euthanize my cat...

My cat is old - 13 years. She has had hip problems for years and for the last week or so has been drooling with a dark discharge around her nose and mouth. She is solid white but has dark all over her fur (stomach mostly) from licking herself. Today while I was at work, my roommate said she was drooling heavily and bleeding from her mouth. I need to have her put to sleep but absolutely cannot afford it right now. I barely have bus money to get to work. My roommate takes Oxycontin and several other meds including Vistaril. Can we give her something that will just allow her to pass away peacefully in her sleep and at what dosage? Thank you.