Animal Health - General Expert Forum
No everyone is coughing

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

No everyone is coughing
I posted earlier about my dogs having kennel cough. As of yesterday, my cat is coughing now too. I thought cats were not supposed to get kennel cough!! Does that open up the possibilities of what it could be?

I have an 8 week old Sheltie mix on Cephadroxil that has had kennel cough for about a month. Other than coughing fits, she is completely fine.

I have a ~2 yr old Cairn terrier that had kennel cough that was on doxy, that still has an occassional coughing fit.

Now I have a ~ 2yr old cat, that has been healthy for over a year, suddenly having a cough similar to my dogs cough. She's a DSH if that matters.
Yikes! Cats can get kennel cough but it is extremely rare and usually is from a different I fectikis agent. There is something else going on here. Maybe a mold or fungus in your home or backyard...some sort of environmental irritant. You mentioned your concerns about anesthetizing a young dog, perhaps have the older one scoped? Keep me informed please.