Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Oscar fish Health

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Oscar fish Health
I have 3 oscar fish in my tank and one of the oscar cannot close his mouth and has a bulky growth in his throat...
this has been his condition since 3 months now but... the situation is geeting worse... as he cannot eat anymore......
there is no other problem with the other 2 oscars...
kindly tell me what is the reason for such a state and what would be the required medication for the same...
Unfortunately,  fish do get cancer too.  A large growth as you describe could be cancerous.  It could be surgically removed which could improve his ability to eat mechanically.  

But as I have mentioned previously I am not a fish expert.  Please post  your question to exotics, and I would love any other comments for all you helpers out there!