Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Pain with kidney disease
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain with kidney disease

My cat has kidney disease.  She eats k/d prescripion dry food, but  will not eat the k/d can food so I give her Friskies which is not good for her, but at least she eats it.  She uses her litter box at least 10 times per day and drinks a lot of water.  I realize she is in trouble and I can accept that.  My question - is she in pain and will she experience pain toward the end?  I  have a living will for myself and if cats could sign one she would have one.  I do not want her to be in pain, we love her.

Type of Animal
:  
Cat
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Feral
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 01, 2010
State/Province
:  
Washington
Blood Test Results
:  
Kidney disease