Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Pain with kidney disease
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain with kidney disease

My cat has kidney disease.  She eats k/d prescripion dry food, but  will not eat the k/d can food so I give her Friskies which is not good for her, but at least she eats it.  She uses her litter box at least 10 times per day and drinks a lot of water.  I realize she is in trouble and I can accept that.  My question - is she in pain and will she experience pain toward the end?  I  have a living will for myself and if cats could sign one she would have one.  I do not want her to be in pain, we love her.

Type of Animal
:  
Cat
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Feral
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 01, 2010
State/Province
:  
Washington
Blood Test Results
:  
Kidney disease