Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Parvo
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Parvo

Our puppy just died from parvo. We have a 3 month old human baby boy that was born with gastritis (intestines outside his body). He was in the hospital for a month and has been out for 2 months now. Can our baby get sick from the parvo disease that our pup died from?
Tags: parvo
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
6 months
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Huske
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
February 21, 2009
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259
I am so sorry for the loss of your puppy and for the problem of your son.  

There is a human Parvovirus known commonly as Fifth Disease, but it has no relationship to Canine Parvovirus.  Canine Parvovirus does not seem to be contagious to humans and cleaning your house with dilute bleach should remove the infection from your home as Ireneo has described above, but it is imperative to check with your Pediatrician and Infectious Disease Doctor at the hospital where your child is currently being treated.
2 Comments
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
I'm familiar with quite a few zoonotic diseases (things that can pass from animal to human) but after looking at a list of zoonoses, I don't see canine parvo on the list.

Have you disinfected the areas where the dog was kept? I see that a bleach solution (1:30 ratio - 1 part bleach to 30 parts water) will be sufficient. We use something stronger at work but we're dealing with a lot of creepy critters. :-)
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979