Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Peeing in Bedroom Only

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Peeing in Bedroom Only

My dog has been house broken since he was 10 weeks old and does not have accidents in the house.  About 2 months ago, I started noticing an odor in our bedroom.  I realized my dog was urinating on the door frames, bed posts and other furniture in the room.  This is the only room he does this in.  I watched him one day and he cocked his leg in front of me and started to pee.  He had a urinary infection a couple years ago and he's been on a Rx dog food we get from the Vet, so I don't think it's a urinary tract infection.  We haven't changed our routine over the last couple months.  I'm at a loss to figure out why he just started doing this, why only in the bedroom (which he sleeps in with us on our bed every night), and how to stop it.  Please advice.
Type of Animal
:  
ShiTzu
Age of Animal
:  
5
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
ShiTzu
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
August 20, 2008
Your dog being on an RX dog food does not preclude his ability to get new urinary tract infections, or develop crystals not addressed by the prescription food.  Crystals can be very irritating and your dog urinating in front of you may be his way of telling you he needs help.  

Please bring a fresh urine sample to the vetererinarian just to be safe.  If it turns out that he does not have a urinary tract infection than a behavior issue can be addressed, with behavioral modification, positive reinforcement, the use of a Dap Infuser (gives dog's a feeling of well being), drug therapy, holistic treatment, such as Spirit Essence's, or Bach Remedies, and more.