Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Please read my question..we both might be sick with mast cell tumors!

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

i had a stupid question.my dog shane has what we believe to be a mast cell tumor most likely not beingn. the aspirates and blood work will be in this week.
i gave shane a kiss on his back close to his tumor, and then he moved and i accidentally kissed his tumor and breathed it in, and he even has blood on the tumor and im not sure if ill have mast cell cancer now? i called the emergency vet and they didnt want to help cause im not an animal -_-

oh and fr shane i have a quest. ive heard from my vet there is a new drug for mast cell tumors. i was wondering if you heard of it and knew the name and your opinions on it...at 7 i feel hes too young for this hes got 2 big ones and small lumps all over and even has a bleeding on in his ear do benign ones bleed? i noticed in the staging the only stage with  a benign tumor is when there's one. when thheres several tumors in stage 3 its malignant
Tags: Cancer, Work
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
7
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
golden
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
January 28, 2011
City
:  
freehold
State/Province
:  
nj
Country
:  
monmouth
I am very sorry about your dog!

Mast cell tumor is not contagious to humans or other animals.  So you need not worry about that.  

The newest non-experimental mast cell tumor chemotherapy agent is Palladia.  

I see that you live in NJ.  Red Bank Veterinary Specialists has a veterinary oncologist on staff who can evaluate you dog and see if Palladia or other chemotherapy agents are the right choice for him.

If he is not a suitable match for Palladia,  there are some effective holistic chemotherapy agents that may help.  These include: Neoplasene, Thymic Extract, Chinese Herbal Medications and many others.  My practice uses these holistic chemotherapy agents as do many other integrative practices.  We have found that they are effective in many cases.  

To search for a practice that uses an integrative approach in your area please check the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, or TCVM.com's websites or do a google search.
oh and he has  a bad tumor on his right paw =(