Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Poisoning/Joint Stiffness
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Poisoning/Joint Stiffness

My dog recently consumed a small amount of anti-freeze. He was rushed to the vet and received IV Treatment for 48 hours. He has recovered from the poisoning, but nearly immediatley began to limp. He has been returned to the vet, and began antibiotic and painkiller treatments, but has still not improved. Has anyone run into a correlation between poisoning and joint stiffness before? He has been with the family constantly since he came home from the vet, so I know he has not suffered any type injury to cause the joint stiffness. Also one day he favors his left front leg and the next he favors his right.
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
11 monthes
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
American Pit Bull
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
January 10, 2011
City
:  
Mt Vernon
State/Province
:  
IL
Country
:  
Jefferson
Other pertinent test results
:  
Treated for the anti-freeze poisoning with IV Thearapy for 48 hours at the vet. Returned for follow up four days later due to lethargy and stiffness, and perscribed antibiotics and painkillers for IV site infection.