Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Possible neurological disease?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Possible neurological disease?

I have a 4 year old Pit (Staffordshire/Boxer mix, I was told) named King. 3 weeks ago he started loosing weight and having a hard time with stairs. He seemed to be having a problem with his hind legs.
His weight loss got worse as he began loosing muscle mass. I took him to the Vet and he ran blood tests. The only problem the Vet saw was a high white blood cell count. He was prescribed antibiotics and a worm pill because we had recently been to the lake.
After a week and a half, he is getting worse. He now cant get into or out of the car and he walks very slow. The Vet suggested he may have a neurological disease and King is now taking Doxycycline and Prednisone.
Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.
-Chad
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Pit/Boxer Mix
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
December 13, 2011
City
:  
Greenfield
State/Province
:  
IN
Country
:  
US
Blood Test Results