Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Raw sore

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Raw sore

My dog Was playing with another dog and the other dog happened to bite her behind the neck and it never seem to heal. It may not even be a bite. All I know is that I am very concerned its a sore that grew the the size of a quarter and its raw , there's hair loss at the site and everything. I have pix please help
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
1
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
American pit bull terrier
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
April 02, 2011
City
:  
Davie
State/Province
:  
Florida
This sounds like a hotspot. Hotspots are raw, sore, red, wet, and itchy superficial bacterial infections. Clipping the fur away, cleaning it with soap, keeping it dry, and picking up a topical antibacterial ointment from your petstore should clear it up.