Animal Health - General Expert Forum
SOmething haning from my dog's private area
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

SOmething haning from my dog's private area

There is something red like in color and the size of a coin purse hanging fro her private area. It just started to show today and her other actions and mannerisms are fine. She is careful when going to the bathroom, but for my dog that is not out of the normal. I was told it could be a vaginal prolapse and will go away when she is out of estrus. My vet told me not to worry that much and if it gets worse they will squeeze her in otherwise I have an appointment in 2 weeks. Is this a possibility about the prolapse and how harmful can it be.
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Mixed Breed
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
September 22, 2010