Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Sensitive feet for a dog! :/

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Sensitive feet for a dog! :/

I have a pit bull puppy he is 1 year and 8 months! Not aggressive at all, thinks he is just a kid! LOL
Any ways! He is pink skinned and white! He cant walk on rocks they hurt him! He gets blisters from them! Then he starts licking his feet to wear the bleed and crack and more what should i do! Should i just buy him dog shoes! Even grass at one poin i think broke him out w/ a rash! OY! Help me out! Do you think i just baby him to much mabey??? In side to much!?!
I have a pit bull myself.  He is a very sweet loving dog!

Your dog
hi!
Its has been going on since he was almost 1 year old! Its not as bad now than it was!
I changed his food to kibbles and bits! It used to be o'roy or something! and its kind of weird but i think it actually has helped him! Cause its not that bad now! But im still worried! :/
Hes not deaf. eye color is brown. meds none! Dr hasnt prescribed an rx! allegies, doc didnt saything about it! Last he was at the vet was 5 months ago! dry skinned: well, he used to have rashed on his feet and legs, but he hasnt had that also in a while! Climax, is Arizona, so hot humid! We go to the lake alot! But only in areas where there isnt a whole lot of rocks!

You where saying something about him being deaf, he's not! But he cant stand anything that goes into his ear!  He cant swim very well! He does have alot of ear wax, i got med, for that and i clean it out all the time!

I dont think i missed anything! Thank you for helping!
He sounds pretty healthy.  I would still have him checked out by your veterinarian.  Doesn't Arizona have heartworm, or Lyme disease?  If it does he should be on heartworm medication.  Dogs do not need medicine for ear wax.  If his ears are malodorous or itchy he may have an ear infection.  Ear infections are associated with allergies.  Rashes on feet and legs could also be associated with allergies, or mites, among other things, and these could make his feet more sensitive.  I asked if his feet were dry to see if they crack easily and in that case Omega 3 Fatty acids from fish oil would help.  Since he doesn't have any obvious problems I would try the booties at least until you can get him to the veterinarian.  I hope Arizona isn't too hot for booties.  Hope this helps.
I will go to the vet!
Im not aware of Arizona having heartworm?!? I'll have to check it out!
Ive seen so many people put dog shoes on a brown, or black dog, w brown feet! So ill just get him some!
lol poor guy!
Thank you so much for everything! :)