Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Squisy Lump On Dog's Ear Flap

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Squisy Lump On Dog's Ear Flap
My 12 year old golden retriever has a squishy lump in his ear flap about the size of a half dollar.  It is not red or inflamed and you cannot tell anything from the outside, you can only tell by feeling.  I am wondering what this could be.  He doesn't seem to be in any pain or bothered by it at all. Thank you.
The lump may be a hematoma, or an accumulation of blood between the skin and cartilage of the ear flap. Another possibility in an older dog would be a tumor. I recommend taking your dog to your veterinarian this week for diagnosis and treatment.
Kimberly Coyner, DVM DACVD
You are correct, we took the dog to the vet today as his ear was bleeding this morning and it was a hematoma, as you said.  They performed surgery this morning.  Thank you so much for your correct advice and time.