Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Swelling and Itching

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Swelling and Itching

We woke up this morning and my puppies face was swollen around her eyes and her muzzle.  there are many "pimple" looking bumps all over her body especially on all four of her paws.  I took her to the vet that morning and they gave her 2 shots and sent us home with prednizolone.  We are giving her the pills and benadryl every 6-8 hours.  All of a sudden these symptoms started coming back and she is crying and in a lot of pain.  We gave her  the pills when we were suppose to.  I am very worried that something is wrong with her.  The vet said that it is possible that she was bitten by a centipede or stung by something.  Is there anything that we can do? it's late and all the Vets are closed.  I would really appreciate it if you could please help us and let us know anything else that we can do and if this could be fatal. Thanks a lot!
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
10 weeks
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
American bulldog
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
March 01, 2009
She may have juvenile cellulitis, or puppy strangles which requires not only the prednisone but also requires an antibiotic, and safe pain medication.  Please contact your vet as soon as you can and go back for a recheck, and the additional medications if it turns out to be juvenile cellulitis.