Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Swelling of the upper lip and nose area
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swelling of the upper lip and nose area

My boxer puppy suddenly has a swollen right upper lip and nose...It is HARD to the touch.  We just came in from outside about 30 minutes prior to noticing the swelling.  She was on a leash, and did not seem to be bitten by anything, and did not get into anything once back in the house. She is not having issues with breathing and her appetite is just fine. I called the vets office and they would not give me any info over the phone, but I did read earlier questions and did give her some benedryl. I am assuming that somehow she got a bite from something but did not cry or whine, but I am concerned that it may be something more serious. Please help
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
4 Months
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Boxer
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
September 06, 2010
City
:  
Wausau
State/Province
:  
WI
Country
:  
USA