Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Swollen Foot

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Swollen Foot
Well, i just came home from school a few hours ago, and saw my bird had a swollen and red foot, with the top most nail missing. It is "leaking" out water, or so it seems. I watched him for about an hour and noticed he would try and hide or tuck it in. There was also a lot of water on the section above the leg. I don't know if it was caused by trauma or something like that. But if you could please tell me if there is anything life-threatening about this.  
It sounds like a traumatic injury, and there may be a fracture.  Since the wound is also open,  it would be best to take your bird to a vet for antibiotics, X-Rays and repair of the fracture, if necessary.