Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Swollen Lymph node
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Swollen Lymph node

Hi,  My lil jack Russell is five years old this month.  He has recently become less enthusiastic about eating and does not want to play.  He will run in the yard but refuses to pick up a toy in his mouth.  I took him back to the vet today due to continuous behavior of seeming fearful, and clingy.  Today they found a swollen lymph node under his jaw.  The vet said it could be cancer or due to a problem with his tooth.  The same side of the swollen lymph node he does have an upper brown tooth.  Could this cause the swollen lymph node?   I am so worried about cancer now that it has been thrown in the mix.  She is going to clean his teeth and examine them further tomorrow and do a biopsy on the node.   I just cant fathom the idea that my five year old puppy could have cancer based on one lymph node and a higher wbc.  Couldnt a tooth problem explain all of the above?  
Thanks so much for your time.
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Jack Russell Terrier
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
July 07, 2010
City
:  
Aurora
State/Province
:  
Ohio
Country
:  
United States
Blood Test Results