Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Urinary Track Infection????
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Urinary Track Infection????

Hi,
I have a 3 year old female pug and 2x in the last few days, I take her outside to go to the bathroom and she will urinate as normal and then a minute later she will squat to urinate and it is blood. The first one is perfectly fine and the second is very red.  It doesn't happen every time and she doesn't have to go more often.  What could it be?
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Pug
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
September 07, 2012
2054217_tn?1330542034
This is a very common problem encountered in dogs and cats. The most likely diagnosis is a bladder stone. Rarely are urinary tract infections so severe that the owner can detect blood. It could be a UTI but either way your vet will need to see her. Expect a urine test and radiographs be recommended. Both of these conditions are quite painful so please seek veterinary attention immediately.
3 Comments
Blank
If there is any sign of blood,  you should pay immediate attention.  There are urine home-tests that you can buy, the PawCheck on Amazon or Petcheckup, they will confirm if it is a UTI, in which case you should either take her to the vet or give her holistic treatment.
Blank
I used the home test for Diabetes, it was very helpful.  Result was negative, which was confirmed by my vet at the checkup visit.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979