Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Very Urgent please!

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Very Urgent please!
My Jack Russel urgently needs a lung transplant.Can you please give me any information on people, wherever in the world, who perform such transplants on dogs.

I would much appreciate that.

Paolo
I am sorry but I am unable to find any information on elective surgery for lung transplant in dogs any where.  I have found lots of research information about using the dog as a model for human lung transplant, and research about the efficacy of anti-rejection drugs in the canine, but that is about it.

If I were you I would contact all the veterinary teaching hospitals in your country and others for information about canine lung transport.  I will try to find out the same information in the United States and will post again in the next few days.
many thanks!!!

best regards

Paolo