Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Vomit and purple tongue
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vomit and purple tongue

My dog has been vomiting white foam, sometimes food after just eating, and recently his pink tongue turned light purple.  He has been vomiting and coughing for almost three weeks now.  The Vet checked him and found nothing wrong but put him on Kennel Cough medicine which he just completed.  He is now losing weight with all the same symptoms except the purple tongue is new. Today is almost back to normal but we kept him in the garage last night which may have been the difference.  We live next to a creek and their are lots of frogs so I am not sure if that could be an issue.  I was worried that he might be being poisoned.  We are taking him back to the vet on Tuesday where I suspect they will xray and run all sorts of tests next.  I was wondering if anyone has heard of these symptons and what they may relate to.  He has normal stool/bowel movements with no apparent pain and no blood.  He drinks normally but sometimes throws that up.  The vomit is usually the consistency of whipped cream unless he just drank water, then it is the constistency of spit.    
Type of Animal
:  
Sav
Age of Animal
:  
3 years
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Amer Bulldog/Bull Terrier
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
April 15, 2009