Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Vomiting

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Vomiting
My cat was coughing and breathing heavy. I took her to the Vet and after they took X-Ray I was told she has to be under medication for two weeks. I started her on Clavamox 15 ML but after couple of days I noticed she vomits after each intake. I was told by the Vet to give her Metochlopramide 5 MG first and wait 20 minutes before giving her Clavamox. She is not eating food and I am giving her Garbor baby food (chicken and rice) along with Clavamox. I noticed she still vomits after each intake. How can I stop her vomiting. She still has another week to go before she finishes her medication.
Are you giving your  cat a pro-biotic along with the anti-biotic?  Probiotics, such as acidophilus help replenish the gut with the good bacteria that the antibiotic kills off along with the infectious bacteria.  The "good" bacteria from the probiotic may help with the nausea.

Ginger capsules may also help.  The average size cat can take one ginger capsule up to four times daily.  Place a small amount of olive oil or butter on the capsule to make it slide more easily down your cats throat to help with administration.  

Probiotics and ginger capsules are widely available over the counter at health food stores and online as human products.  The dose for probiotics for your cat is 1/8 of a human dose twice daily.  Ginger and probiotics can be combined safely.
Thank you