Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Why did my dog die?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why did my dog die?

Recently dead dog
I got him when he was 2 months old. His mother was labrador and his father was a german shephard. He had 2 little sisters. He was the small one and loner. We live in a flat and he was with us for 2 months. In summer I took him to our orchard. Durring the summer we were there daytime, nights he was alone and in winter a bit less. Neighbors are 10 meters away.
1st question: if he could die from being alone to much? Other things I also noticed:
1. he escaped from his cage (his cage was 15x6 in meters - so I thing he had enaugh space to run) 14 days before he died. Could he ate anything? 2. He never had a lot of fettle,he ran 200 meters and stoped 3. our walks were by avarage from 1/2  hour to 1,5 every 2 day, but he was free durring the time we were there-is it possible that he had to little work-out? In last month before his dath, I was sick for a week, so there was no walk for him. ???
4. in last 2-3 days he was a bit tired after the walk...but it was in his nature that sometimes he was more alive and sometimes a bit more slow. ??? 5. last couple of days ...he pooped more than once...but that also happened on some other days...it wasn't something special...might here be any problems?6. he was very picky about his food. He rarely ate dog food...we cooked for him, so he ate meet with bread or eggs,meet with vegetables;he also didn't eat every day;sometimes he left day or 2 out...but the day before he died he ate everything.???the way he died: on wednesday we went on our walk. He was happy, he jumped, we ran, he was a bit tired at the end...and than I left him and went home. Neighbour said that at 9 p.m. he was still barking. Next day in the morning my father found him dead in his house. He was sleeping on his pillow, his eyes were closed and his tongue was out. There was some urin on his pillow and he pooped a bit. No sign of any blood or of him beeing reduced.... so - now I am asking you if you might have any idea why my dog died? Thank you
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
1year 10 months
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
labrador-german shepherd
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 15, 2008