Animal Health - General Expert Forum
allergic reaction to vaccine 2 weeks later?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

allergic reaction to vaccine 2 weeks later?

My 14 year old cat was vaccinated for: rabies, feline leukaemia, and 4 in 1, on March 1st. I had him vaccinated as I wanted to have him microchipped, and the vet would only do this if his vacs were up to date and they were not.  A few hours later he became extremely lethargic and stopped eating, he was also very sore in his back legs.  About 1 week later, his appetite was slowly increasing and so was his activity and mobility.  Then 12 days later, he suddenly started to sleep all the time.  He will not get up to eat or use his box.  I have to wake him and hold his food bowl in front of him to get him to eat.  He does seem hungry when he is presented with food, and will eat it.   Also last night I carried him to his box, as he hadn't moved from his sleeping place all day.  He did urinate, but that is all.  The stiffness in his back legs is even worse now, and he looks very uncomfortable.  I do let him out (he's outdoor) in the morning, but I am unsure of his bowel movements when he is outside.  
   I got him when he was 2 years, and I have not vaccinated him, and I'm not in contact with the previous owner, so I don't know if he had previous reactions to vacs.  I assume he was vaccinated as a kitten, as when I got him he was neutered and declawed.
    My question is, could this all be a negative reaction to the vacs?  What can I do to alleviate his discomfort?  It's breaking my heart to see him like this.
Type of Animal
:  
cat
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Tabby
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
March 12, 2011
City
:  
Toronto
State/Province
:  
Ontario
Country
:  
Canada