Animal Health - General Expert Forum
blood in my dogs pee

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

blood in my dogs pee
Clinic just spade my dog last month,now there's blood in her pee.What could be the cause?Please help.
Thank you.
It is probably just a urinary tract infection, unrelated to the spay.  Please bring a fresh urine sample to your veterinarian for analysis.  Better yet,  have your vet obtain the urine by a cystocentesis (needle into the bladder), this way if it comes out as a urinary tract infection you know that it is totally unrelated to the spay.

If just a urinary tract infection,  a culture and sensitivity of the urine with appropriate antibiotics and other medications should solve the problem.