Animal Health - General Expert Forum
clef pallet

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

clef pallet

my dog had pups five days ago and one of them has a clef pallet (just a split in the top of the mouth) it is feeding fine and has a lot of spunk is there a surgery for were then can put a pallet in place and the dog lives a normal life? or is better to put the pup down? I have had two vets say different I am just trying to get a third opinion. Thank You Allan L. Dunn
Surgery is usually successful in this type of surgery, but it depends on the severity of the cleft pallette.  It is certainly worth giving the puppy a chance!