Animal Health - General Expert Forum
crf cats

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

crf cats

my cat was 2 years old and he had got bad results about creatin and ure...i started to use hills kd and royal canin renal dry and wet food.i use  omega 3 it has got 700 mg epa and dha...especially i want to ask my cat emotional is very strange he sometimes funny and play sometimes does not do anthing and wants to sleep ..in a day his emotines is changing permanently...i found a product on internet its name is renal essentialss for cats by vetri science...
but some rewievs is bad example some one s cat had got convusion someone s cats had got diarre and did not eat anythng many people like this product ... this web site if it possible to look

http://www.vetriscience.com/renal-essentials-cats.php

can it useful for cats renal system  actually i scare for my cat s healt if i use or not ...omega 3 and this product for his kidney failure

and i want to say now he s living normally so many times he does not want to eat sometimes eat sometimes not his crea and ure r not highly death degrees

finally i use renal foods and omega 3 and i give 50 cc water from his mouth ...now i started to use protexin probiotic symbiotic dc  for his immun system and i ll start renal essentials for cats vetri science  these all r wrong or true for him
every other day i use this products not in a day....
Type of Animal
:  
cat
Age of Animal
:  
5
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
white and black
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
January 01, 2010
City
:  
istanbul
Country
:  
turkey
I am sorry about your cat!

If your cat improves when he receives fluid therapy and his kidney disease is not too severe he may benefit from a Chinese herbal formula called:  Rehmannia 8.  Rehmannia 8 is available from a variety of reputable online sources.  

If your cat has severe renal disease,  than there are two Chinese herbal formula's which may be beneficial, these include: 1. Three Seeds Combination and, 2.  Minor Buplerum.  These should be taken together.   You may have to ask your vet for a prescription for these herbal formulas from Natural Path Herbal Company (www.nphc.ca). If the Natural Path Herbal Company products are not available to you than please only purchase veterinary versions for the Three Seeds Combination and the Minor Buplerum.  The human versions of these herbal formulas are slightly different and aren't as effective in cats. The prescription medication: Benazepril may also be beneficial for severe kidney disease.

Another medication that may help for either stage of feline kidney disease is Azodyl, which is available by prescription.

The dose for the above listed Chinese Herbal Medications are as follows for an average sized cat:  for teapills the dose would be: 4 teapills orally three times daily.  The dose for capsules or regular pills is one capsule or tablet three times daily.  If you are lucky enough to find a liquid tincture, the dose would be 10 drops orally three times daily.  

I am not a vet, but have had many animals in my time.  My husband and I currently have a dog and two cats.  

Since Hills Science Diet and Royal Canin are generally only available by prescription (at least in my country), I can only assume that your vet prescribed them for your cat.  It's been a long time since you've had your cat examined (about a year and a half, by your indication above).  I would suggest taking him back to the vet for a more complete check up.  

I would recommend not self-medicating him until the doctor gets another look at him.  He should have a follow-up test run to see if his numbers have changed.  Tell the vet of any symtoms (symptoms) that have NOT gone away, and tell him/her of any NEW symptoms he has developed.  I would recommend you do this sooner than later--a 5 year old cat should not be this sick. And if you don't like this vet, please find another.   Hope that helps.  Good luck with your little baby.
I agree with what Babs has said your kitty really needs to be checked over with CRF he needs more constant hands on assessments....I also want to share with you an excellent site for info on CRF kitties.....good luck to you both.

http://www.felinecrf.org/symptoms_treatments_index.htm
thank you all for your comments my cat is very good now just eat hills kd and royal canin renal he has got really renal failure i did  several times blood tests and troid tests .etc ..but he is fine playing and eating.even now very fine .i give carlson omega 3 consantrated evryday and other day vetriscience vitamin for renal ...maybe vetriscience was good for him i dont know many comments about this product r very good but very  few ppl says bad  i hope all of us animals ll be with us as soon as much possible for an animal ...sorry my english :)i forgot many grammer rules...and thank u again if someone ask a question about cats i can answer i have 6 cats at home evrykind of ages
....selines