Animal Health - General Expert Forum
diarrhea and vomiting in dogs
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

diarrhea and vomiting in dogs

my chihuahua has been vomiting and having diarrhea for about two days now. i dont know what she ate that is making her sick. I wanted to know if there is any human product like Alka Seltzer or Pepcid AC that i can give my dog to help her upset stomach.
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
6 months
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
chihuahua
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
October 08, 2011
City
:  
Salem
State/Province
:  
OR
Country
:  
USA
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259
Over the Counter regular Pepcid (not pepcid ac) is used in dogs and cats all the time.  A dose for a chihuahua would be very small, obviously.  The Pepcid dose is:0.25 to 0.5 mg per pound.  If she weighs 3 pounds you would give 0.75 to 1.5 mg's once daily.  If you could find a pediatric or liquid Pepcid it would be easier to give this tiny dose.

She should really go to the vet, though.  Seemingly simple gastrointestinal upsets or dietary indiscretions can lead to more serious diseases such as pancreatitis, in some cases.  If she doesn't get well quickly, please take her to the vet.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
5 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979