Animal Health - General Expert Forum
dog catherter surgically incerted
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

dog catherter surgically incerted

I just brought my 9 1/2 year old dog home.  The vet thought he had a stone blocking the penis and tried to put in a catherter.  He cut the urethra while doing this.  So, my dog is home (2 days) with a surgically placed catherter and bleeds everytime he wets and ozes blood a bit at rest.  I called the vet when I got home and saw the bleeding and he said it was to be expected but didn't say for how long and I didn't think to ask.  How long should this happen?  How many days should I expect the bleeding to continue and how much should he be bleeding to begin with.  He's still very slow and doesn't move about much.