Animal Health - General Expert Forum
food allergy?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

food allergy?

I used to feed my Eng. Bulldog nutromax with lamb dry food.  I now switched him to homemade food consisting of Chicken, brown rice, and carrots (i had been doing mixed vegetables, but now carrot slices).  He has started having eye infections and the folds around his nose seem to be getting infected and he has started getting bad acne even though i feed him using a stainless steal bowl.  I had taken him to the vet she gave me some antibiotic ointment for his eyes which i used and it seemed to clear, but the infection has seemed to come back.  I'm wondering if it's something he's eating.  I thought that chicken, brown rice and carrots were healthy choices.  Can you tell me if you think he could be allergic to one or all of those ingredients and recommend something.  
Thank you for your help