Animal Health - General Expert Forum
help for rash

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

help for rash

My husband has been suffering with itchy rash that does not go away.  It has been worse since we go our cat.  He has been to many dermatologists and has had biops. and tried many creams, steroid creams, treatment for scabies, creams for hives, aveeno, etc.  If it is coming from our cat, how can we make things better, Do you think a air purifier would help. Should I use the wipes to help the dander .  We don't want to give up our cat ( she is a rescue cat and we love her) but my husband is really suffering.  What can we do to help the situation if it is from the cat and can this symptom come from our cat?
Your veterinarian can use the toothbrush method to rule out a carrier state of ringworm but if its allergies you must go with your doctors advice.
If your husband has contact allergies you should ask his doctor if a air purifier can help.
People who are allergic to cats, react to the cats dried saliva on the fur left after grooming,and sometimes bathing the cat can help , but it sounds as if you may need to find a home for the cat as your marriage is more important, although my wife would get rid of me first rather than give up her neurotic poodle.
Ringworm is the only skin disorder that can be transmitted from cats to people.