Animal Health - General Expert Forum
kennel cough
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

kennel cough

Because my dog interacts with other dogs  a lot, when he developed a "cough" I immediately took him to the vet. He had no fever, is eating and drinking normally and his activity level is normal - he doesn't at all act like a sick dog. I have kept him away from other dogs to avoid getting them sick. The vet diagnosed him with kennel cough and put him on Doxycycline 100 mg - he takes 1 1/2 pills twice a day. He started them on Tuesday.He has also had a Bordetella vaccine. His cough seems to be getting worse instead of better. We cut our walk quite short this morning because he was really coughing and coughing up a lot of phlegm (gray and pale yellow). I'm concerned that he may be getting worse though he still doesn't act sick.
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
1+ years
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
mix (terrier, beagle, yellow lab)
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
January 24, 2011
City
:  
Troy
State/Province
:  
New York
Country
:  
United States