Animal Health - General Expert Forum
latex paint and my dog
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

latex paint and my dog

hello my 14 month dog had a mouth fulll as well as her nose full oh househild latex paint I washed and rinsed her mouth and face i did not induce vomiting because the paint can said not to for children she drank alot of water and is eating ok should i still be worried?
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259

Whether or not your dog will have any residual effects from ingesting latex paint depends
on how much was ingested and what kind of latex.

Some of the colors of latex paint can have toxic ingredients and other don't.  Toxic additions to latex paint can include mercury derivatives, and ethylene glycol, for example.  Both of these substances are extremely toxic, and toxicity increases with the amount ingested.  Obviously, the more ingested, the more dangerous the consequences.

Please call Poison Control:

ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center hotline, (also known as: National Animal Poison Control Center) at (888) 426-4435

Many  State Goverments or Organizations also have local poison control center such as:
Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center 1-800-222-1222

You may also need to call the paint manufacturer for specific ingredients.

If no bad toxins are involved than she may not have any problems at all, or she may have a few days of GI (gastrointestinal problems), and require supportive care (IV fluids, GI protectants) from your veterinarian.

Good Luck!

Blank
This Forum's Experts
234713_tn?1283530259
Aleda M Cheng, D.V.M., C.V.ABlank
American Animal Hospital
Randolph, NJ
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now