Animal Health - General Expert Forum
losing feathers
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
losing feathers
my budgie is just about bald he has no feathers on his at all about 2 feathers left on his chest now he is losing it on his back what can i do the vet said it was feather mites and i was advised to get a spray for this i did and followed what was to be done but that was 4mths ago he is getting worse
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
234713_tn?1283530259
It would be best to take your bird to a vet who specializes in Avian medicine, if available.  Your bird may need a skin biopsy, fecal analysis and blood work to determine the cause of this severe problem.

Causes for feather loss are quite extensive and can include: Skin parasites, Gastrointestinal parasites (giardia, and others), Fungal or bacterial or other microbial skin infections, Atopy (skin allergies), Endocrine disorders, kidney disease, and many many more.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...