Animal Health - General Expert Forum
lyme desease

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

lyme desease
My neighbors dog was diagnosed with lyme desease. Our dogs never contacting but we are using same
hallway and outside door. Im scared it can be danger for my dog. Is it true? And what I can do to prevent it? Thank you
Lyme disease is not spread from dog to dog or from dog to any other animal.  The disease is only transmitted directly to dogs and other animals through infected tick bites.  To prevent Lyme disease use a topical tick repellent faithfully every month and brush your dog very frequently to mechanically remove ticks.