Animal Health - General Expert Forum
mini dachshund with diarrhea

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

mini dachshund with diarrhea
Our miniature dachshund just had pups on may 14 and has developed bloody diarrhea. Is this normal or could it be parvo?
If your dog was never vaccinated for parvo than there would be a chance of parvo.  Please tell me she has been vaccinated for parvo and you did not breed an unvaccinated dog!

Pregnancy is very stressful on a body of any species and the stress can bring out dormant parasites, or increase susceptibility to other disease such as pancreatitis or colitis.

Please have her evaluated by a vet!
I am definitely not a vet but I do know that blood in stool is a very dangerous symptom of a potentially deadly problem, especially if she has pups. you should take her to a vet IMMEDIATELY. I hope everything goes alright but be prepared to hand raise the puppies.
I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope your dog is alright in the end.  I think that if you have hope everything will turn out fine, but I would consult a vet as soon as possible, and watch her carefully, don't let her out of your site, because you never know what could happen.  Hope everything turns out well...