Animal Health - General Expert Forum
moaning at night

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

moaning at night
My yellow lab is 13 and for the last week and a half she will moan while laying down especially in the early morning it wakes me up and I'm pretty sure its not just her dreaming. Any thoughts?
If her vocalization is a new behavior then there is a good chance it is an expression of discomfort. Many larger breed dogs develop joint arthritis and it can be difficult for them to get comfortable.
Your veterinarian will need to see her to assess her level of comfort and determine where the pain is cming from. Arthritis can be partially reversed with dietary changes or supplements and for the more severe cases, pain medication will be prescribed.