Animal Health - General Expert Forum
my dog is sick and we cant figure out why...
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

my dog is sick and we cant figure out why...

I have a golden retriever who is about ten years old. He became very ill very suddenly this morning. I was attempting to give him a treat when i noticed one of his eyes was moving randomly. It kept rolling into the back of his head. He then suddenly dropped to the ground and began what we believe is having a seizure. He then pottied on himself. Once the seizure was over, he was unable to walk and was breathing very heavily. I immediately took him to an emergency vet's office, but they are not sure what has caused him to become to ill. After blood tests and x rays...i was told his white blood cell count was extremely low. The dr. said he has the symptoms of a dog who has been through chemotherapy.  I am desperate for some kind of answers. Has anyone else heard of anything like this? He is an inside dog and was perfectly healthy until this. please please please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.